In Germany, strict regulations apply to a correct VAT invoice. Only if you follow the rules you will get the deduction.
An invoice compliant with the German VAT law must include the following components:
1. name and address of the performing entrepreneur
2. name and address of the customer / invoice recipient
3. the tax number or the VAT identification number of the performing entrepreneur
4. the date of issue of the invoice
5. an ongoing invoice number
6. the description of the goods delivered or the services rendered
7. the date of delivery or service
8. the invoice net amount
9. the applicable VAT rate with the calculated value added tax
TAKE A LOOK AT THE EXAMPLE! ...
MBA for Finance and Financial Services (UK), Steuerfachwirt (GER)